Recharging lithium battery explodes, causes house fire - Newport Dispatch

Lithium batteries are handy things - but when they are overloaded, catastrophe can ensue.

“Investigators say that the homeowner had left a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery charging in the basement. The battery was the type used to power cordless power tools. Investigators determined that the battery had a catastrophic failure, most likely due to over-charging, causing it to explode. The exploding battery debris caught other nearby combustibles on fire, which eventually caught structural framing members on fire in the basement."


button_get-your-free-subscription-to-water-cooler-weekend-all-the-weeks-top-stories-in-one-quick-email_(1).png


 

Read the Full Story Here

Comment Below... And find more stories on Water Cooler


Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.