A U.S. Navy vet and UVM graduate is seeking the Republican nomination for Congress. So is an off-road racer from Arizona, apparently.
“Gilbert, a 1986 Spaulding High School graduate, served in the U.S. Navy after graduation and earned a UVM degree Bachelor of Science in Information Management Systems in 1996. His campaign announcement calls for:
- An all-county prosperity plan
- Tax code simplification and tax cuts
- Relieving health care cost burden with updated medical technologies
- Policies supporting state colleges
- Reducing number of state employees (500, Gilbert says) earning over $100,000
- A new, more affordable education model including more online and home schooling, younger public school teachers, smaller school districts, and fewer highly paid administrators.
- No carbon taxes
- Shifting environmental focus from carbon reduction to wastewater pollution and Superfund site cleanup
At least three televised debates involving challengers and incumbents, who have “all the advantages of paid staff, they get full coverage by major TV televised media sources here in Vermont.” The debates would create “a level playing field” for incumbents and challengers to interact, debate and express their vision for 21st century Vermont.”
Comment Below... And find more stories on Water Cooler